On this week’s WELSTech Podcast we wrap up our coverage of the recent Google Education Summit, sharing more discussion with conference attendees as well as some tips from the “rock star” presenters who graced the stage.
More Gooogling Out – Part 2 of Martin and Sallie’s coverage of Google Education Summit, recorded at Discovery World in Milwaukee, includes interviews with attendees and shout outs from conference presenters with some of their favorite tips. Also check out photos from the Summit posted in the WELSTech Flickr group pool.
- (0:54) Rachel Pierson from Trinity in Waukesha, WI
- (8:05) Pastor Dustin Yahnke from Faith in Sussex, WI
- (17:54) Molly Schroeder (@followmolly) from Flipped Education shares some tricks for inserting images in Google Drive content
- (19:19) Ben Friesen (@benjaminfriesen), Molly’s partner at Flipped Education, unveiled a new script, PageMeister, which turns Google Form data into auto-generated pages on a Google Site – perfect for busy teachers who want to create pages on their Site for each student!
- (21:02) David Chan (@chanatown) who presented at the Summit on a variety of topics and can be found online at davidschan.com talks about the power of Google Groups for classroom communication
- (22:23) Caleb Hundt (@hundtcaleb), half of The Ed Tech Gurus, shares the “Big 3” buttons you’ll want to know when editing Google Sites
- (23:54) Nick Bakke (@bakke3129), the other half of The Ed Tech Gurus, talks about the many uses of blogs in the classroom
Coming up on WELSTech:
(24:48) Episode 296 – We are back in the “Church and School Website Content” summer series swing next week. Join Martin and Sallie for a discussion of the next chapter in our developing eBook on the About & What to Expect sections of your site. (Release date – 07/02/13)
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Use the link on the right to leave us a voicemail
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: