281 – Classroom Video
This week on WELSTech we welcome one of our semi-regular classroom technology correspondents, Jason Schmidt, and we share video resources for the classroom. There’s also a special announcement about an upcoming event which you won’t want to miss!
Podcast: Download (23.9MB)
Video in K-12 – Martin and Sallie, along with guest host Jason Schmidt from Bennington ISD near Omaha, NE, talk about the many video resources for K-12 education available on the web, including several that are part of WELS Lutheran Schools annual subscription option.
- YouTube Education for K-12
- Learn 360 – Listen to a past WELSTech interview with Anne Feldkamp from Learn 360
- Discovery Education
- TED Talks & TED-Ed
- Khan Academy
- SchoolTube & TeacherTube
- iTunes U – Top 25 iTunes U Courses for Elementary Education
- CNN Student News
- CK-12 Open Source Resources
- Media Goblin
- SAFARI Montage
- Apple TV
Picks of the week:
- (24:38) Popcorn Maker
- Holy Hen House!
- (35:20) You are invited to be part of the first ever WELSTech Camp coming up September 14 at Martin Luther College
- (38:05) Edcanvas
- Quaver’s Marvelous World of Music
- The first #WELSed Twitter chat is history and the next is set for April 4 at 8:00 PM
- Cotton Candy, the Dual-Core Android USB Drive
Coming up on WELSTech:
(46:23) Episode 282 – Tune in next week for our interview with designer Corissa Nelson and a discussion of mobile photography. (Release date – 04/02/13)
The featured artist:
(47:20) We close the podcast with the music of Corban Creek – Empty Grave
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!