This week on the WELSTech Podcast we look at the free, open-source mind mapping software, FreeMind.
For non-linear brains – Cross-platform FreeMind maps its way onto the Summer Software Showcase stage as Martin and Sallie discuss the basics of mind mapping and how a mind mapping tool can enhance your ministry efforts.
- Outline your sermons, devotions, Bible studies, text studies, etc.
- Lesson planning
- Meeting notes
- Brainstorming – capture ideas for student projects for school, church events, etc.
Other software options
Picks of the week:
- (18:19) ReflectionApp – Wireless AirPlay mirroring to your Mac or PC
- Plex – Media Server and Player
(26:47) Send us your favorite Password Management Tips and Tools for inclusion in our September 7 Best list
- (27:41) Mailchimp for churches
- Why “I Don’t Have Time” is a Big Fat Lie
- Social Media Guidelines for School Administrators
- Free Printable Google Posters
- 8 Must-Have Google Chrome Apps
- Teaching Channel
- Connected Educator Month
- Apple Will Now Let Any Teacher Publish to iTunes U
- KeePass Password Safe
Coming up on WELSTech:
(40:23) Episode 249 – Next week’s Summer Software Showcase feature will be the GloBible. How will we possibly narrow the Ministry Uses list to just 5?? (Release date – 08/15/12)
The featured artist:
(40:50) We close the podcast with the instrumental music of In His Service (www.adagioconcepts.com) – O Lord, Send Forth Your Spirit
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: