237 – Copyright and Stuff
This week on WELSTech Martin and Sallie tread the murky copyright waters.
Podcast: Download ()
Copyright – Martin and Sallie share informational resources related to copyright of worship services, especially in the area of video streaming and archiving/podcasting.
- Christian Copyright Solutions Fact Sheets
- Licensing Entities
- WELSTech Wiki on Copyright
- Past WELSTech interview on copyright with Intellectual Property Attorney Harvey Dunn – Part 1 | Part 2
- WELS Communication Services Copyright FAQ
(14:20) Meet Lee Hitter – WELS new Director of Communication Services, Lee Hitter, joins Martin and Sallie to discuss his responsibilities, great WELS.net content, and ways WELS Communication Services can partner and assist local congregations.
- WELS Subscriptions
- Together e-news
- Daily Devotions
- Through My Bible in 3 Years
- Forward in Christ Magazine
- WELS Connection
- WELS Logo
- WELS on Facebook and Twitter
- WELS 2012 International Youth Rally
- Reach Communication Services for questions or banner requests via
- Connect Contact Us
- E-mail or phone Shelley Mattes – firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-256-3210
News in Tech:
Picks of the week:
- (30:34) Google Drive
(36:25) On the June 6th episode of WELSTech we’ll countdown our next 7 Best list, and listeners can be part of the list creation. Simply let us know your favorite
Bookmarking Tools and Tips
You can pin an image and link on the WELSTech Pinterest board, tweet us using #WELSTech, write on our Facebook or Google+ wall, leave a voicemail (405-FOR-WELS), send an e-mail, leave a comment on the WELSTech site, mail it in on a carrier pigeon or whatever method you want to use. Just let us know what you think is best!
- (37:25) FinalWeb training – This summer we’re offering online training on web site creation and maintenance using the FinalWeb system. And, for the first time, we’ll be using Google Hangouts!
- FinalWeb for Teachers – July 9 or 16 – bit.ly/fw4t2012
- FinalWeb for Dummies – July 10-12 or July 17-19 – bit.ly/fw4d2012
- Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary Graduation and Call Day live video stream – Streams Live
- May 24 – Call Day Service – 10:00 a.m.
- May 24 – Concert – 7:00 p.m.
- May 25 – Graduation Service – 10:00 a.m.
- (38:55) Link shared in the WELSTech Diigo group this week include …
- Debbie Spriggs from Peace in Hartford, WI give a thumbs up to The Artist’s Toolkit from ArtsConnectEd
- Jeff Clark about the release of the latest version of Hymnsoft
- Lesley Bergemann shared a link to Pinterest financing values company at $1.5 billion (just for Martin!)
- Cory Putz asked about blogging guidelines for laypersons
- WELS is looking for a Contract Programmer for a 6 to 12 month project
- Maren McPeak from St. Mark in Citrus Heights, CA shared information on Schoology’s enterprise options
Coming up on WELSTech:
(51:11) Episode 238 – Jason Schmidt joins Martin and Sallie for our regular edtech show as we look at summer professional development plans. (Release date – 05/30/12)
The featured artist:
(51:47) We close the podcast with the music of Dawn Michelle Williams (www.dawnmichellewilliams.com | Twitter | Facebook | My Space) – Maiya’s Song from her CD titled ”Dawn Michelle Williams”
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!