This week the WELSTech Podcast may inspire you to learn something new this summer.
Summer Plans – Jason Schmidt (jasonschmidt123 on Twitter), Technology Coordinator for Omaha, NE-area Bennington Public Schools and one of WELSTech’s semi-regular classroom technology correspondents, chats with Martin and Sallie about professional development opportunities for educators this summer including the online courses each are prepping to teach for Martin Luther College.
- Martin Luther College’s Summer 2012 Courses
- Lutheran School’s Leadership Conference
- Wisconsin Lutheran College’s Google Summit – Featured on WELSTech Episode 220
- FinalWeb for Teachers and for Dummies
- ISTE Conference
- ISTE Online Coursework
Picks of the week:
- (23:47) Intel Classmate PC-Convertible
- PTO Today
- Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation
(36:25) Lakeside Lutheran High School’s Videography students recently created a lipdub video which involved the entire student body, faculty and support staff, covered the entire campus and was filmed in one (amazing!!) take. Teacher Todd Hackbarth shared details of the planning and effort that went into the video, the reaction they’ve received and other video projects they worked on. Check out the video for yourself below.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(41:18) Episode 239 – Martin and Sallie countdown the 7 Best Bookmarking Tools. (Release date – 06/06/12)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: