231 – You Say Potato, I Say…
It is e-book discussion week on the WELSTech Podcast as we look at social media strategy for churches and schools.
Podcast: Download ()
A brand new e-book – For this month’s book discussion week Martin and Sallie turn to the pages of the Radian6 e-book How to Transform Your Small Business With Social Media. Listen as they discuss the first 4 chapters of this quick read, including the 3 R’s and 3 D’s of social media conversations.
- An Insiders Guide to Social Media Etiquette
- The Ultimate Social Media Etiquette Handbook
- Do We Need to Revisit our Settings for Trust and Transparency
News in tech:
(17:25) Google Brings Churches Back into Nonprofit Program
- Google for Nonprofits
- Become a Qualified Google Nonprofit
- All Google products for Nonprofit organizations
- Google for Nonprofits on Google+
Picks of the week:
- (20:47) Socrative student response system – Visit Sallie’s Room #69385
- Tangle free cord tip
(32:22) FinalWeb training – This summer we’re offering online training on web site creation and maintenance using the FinalWeb system. And, for the first time, we’ll be using Google Hangouts!
- FinalWeb for Teachers – July 9 or 16 – bit.ly/fw4t2012
- FinalWeb for Dummies – July 10-12 or July 17-19 – bit.ly/fw4d2012
(34:33) On the May 2nd episode of WELSTech we’ll countdown our next 7 Best list, and listeners can be part of the list creation. Simply let us know your favorite
Photo Organizing and Editing Tools
You can pin an image and link on the WELSTech Pinterest board, tweet us using #WELSTech, write on our Facebook or Google+ wall, leave a voicemail (405-FOR-WELS), send an e-mail, leave a comment on the WELSTech site, mail it in on a carrier pigeon or whatever method you want to use. Just let us know what you think is best!
- (36:18) Check out Right Inbox for Gmail scheduling and tracking e-mail (video tutorial)
- Gail Potratz from Emanuel in New London, WI shared a link to Flash-friendly iPad app called Rover
- Martin blogged about his iPad experience
- Pastor Clint Rogas from St. Paul in South Haven, MI is enjoying the iFiles app for file syncs to his iPad
- Perry Lund from Grace in Oskaloosa, IA shared a link to.
- Links shared in the WELSTech Diigo group this week include …
- Do E-Books Make It Harder to Remember What You Just Read
- Accordance Bible Software Pick a Product sale – 25% discount on one item – Use coupon code PICKAP through 4/30/12
- Ryan Rosenthal from Faith in Fond du Lac, WI is looking for an social platform for church and school secretaries to share ideas. Any suggestions?
Coming up on WELSTech:
(46:57) Episode 232 – Listeners are invited to join our LIVE WELSTech Google Hangout (about) to help us try out all the bells and whistles from 9:00 to 9:30 a.m. CDT next Tuesday, April 17. We’ll video the hangout and share it on our next show.
Here’s how to join:
- Sign in to Google+ or create an account
- Join the WELS circle
- Click the Hangout button on the WELS Google+ page which will be available during that time
- You will need a web cam, headset (or speakers), and microphone to participate
- Space is limited to 8 participants
We are also looking forward to a chat with Mark and Lesley Bergemann from Good Shepherd’s in West Allis,WI about the management of their church web site. (Release date – 04/18/12)
The featured artist:
(49:42) We close the podcast with the music of Corban Creek – Empty Grave from their CD titled “Could It Be Me”
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!