230 – 7 Best E-mail Tools and Tips
This week on the WELSTech Podcast we countdown the 7 best e-mail productivity tools and tips.
Podcast: Download ()
Taming the Inbox – Martin and Sallie share productivity tips and tools to manage the avalanche of e-mail we all have to deal with.
E-mail Productivity Tools and Tips
- FollowUpThen – E-mail reminders
- Active Inbox – GTD addon for Gmail
- Xobni – Organize your address book
- Funnel all e-mail accounts through Gmail
- Typing shortcut utilities:
- PC – Texter
- Mac – TextExpander
- iPad – Keyboard Shortcuts
- GTD add ons for Outlook
- GTD Guide for Outlook 2010
- Martin’s Wiring Up GTD in Outlook 2010
- For the non-geeks … Getting things Done Outlook Add-In Support
- Emptying Your Inbox – Bonus WELSTech Goodness on the WELSTech Wiki
- Set up rules, filter, colors and categories
Coming up in May … 7 Best E-mail Photo Organizing and Editing Tools
(30:03) Check out the Copy Matters series from Church Marketing Sucks for tips on Writing for the Web, Writing Better Emails, Writing for Social Media and much more
Picks of the week:
(37:05) FinalWeb training – This summer we’re offering online training on web site creation and maintenance using the FinalWeb system. And, for the first time, we’ll be using Google Hangouts!
- FinalWeb for Teachers – July 9 or 16 – bit.ly/fw4t2012
- FinalWeb for Dummies – July 10-12 or July 17-19 – bit.ly/fw4d2012
- (39:31) Pastor Clint Rogas from St. Paul in South Haven, MI checked in regarding
- Scanner recommendations – Martin recommends Fujitsu’s ScanSnap. Also listen to the archived PDFs and Potlucks WELSTech Podcast.
- Favorite iPad app – Splashtop Remote Desktop
- Shelly Karstens from Peace in Hartford, WI shared a link presentations from the recent Wisconsin Educational Media & Technology Association (WEMTA). You can even watch and listen to an archived webinar about useful iPad apps for education.
- Via #WELSTech on Twitter we learned about …
- Educreations – iPad screencasting app
- Google+ Hangout Apps Come Out of Hiding
- ApplJuce screen & electronic device cleaner
- iPad vs. Chromebooks in the classroom from Teaching like it’s 2999
- WELSTech on Pinterest
- Links shared in the WELSTech Diigo group this week include …
- OnTheAir’s Video Call-In Show Platform Makes Hangouts and Ustream Seem Static
- How to Use Google Spreadsheets to Quickly Build Teaching Resources
- PCMSTV1 – Recommended YouTube channel with demos of iPads in the classroom
Coming up on WELSTech:
(51:31) Episode 231 – Martin and Sallie begin a discussion of the online e-book How to Transform Your Small Business With Social Media. (Release date – 04/11/12)
The featured artist:
(53:17) We close the podcast with the music of Michael Schroeder (www.michaelschroeder.com and on Facebook) – That’s My King from his CD titled “Worship“
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!