It’s education week on the WELSTech Podcast as Jason Schmidt joins Martin and Sallie to talk about technology for early learners.
Tech in early childhood – Martin and Sallie are joined by Jason Schmidt (jasonschmidt123 on Twitter) from Bennington Public Schools, our semi-regular technology correspondent, and today’s discussion focuses on the graphically rich edtech resources that are useful in pre-school and early elementary settings.
- Apple Configurator
- Recommended sites and software:
- Apple iBooks Author
(17:45) iPads in Preschool – Preschool Director Becky Huebner from Christ the King in Palm Coast, FL talks with Martin and Sallie about their use of iPads and other technology in their growing childcare, pre-school and elementary setting.
Picks of the week:
- (35:10) TES iboard
- PBS KIDS
- Google Hangouts – Learn More
- (44:16) Links shared in the WELSTech Diigo group this week include …
- Nathan Block, Outreach Coordinator at New Hope in Melbourne, FL, shared a link to a new promo video they created using Roxio’s Video Lab HD – Spring and Summer Events. Also check out the interactive Scale of the Universe site.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(56:11) Episode 230 – Martin and Sallie share their latest “7 Best” list, this month highlighting the 7 Best E-mail Productivity Tips and Tools. (Release date – 04/04/12)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: