This week on the WELSTech Podcast the discussion topics are Internet Safety and Cyberbullying.
God-Pleasing Digital Citizens – Martin recently did an Internet Safety presentation for parents and students at Faith in Fond du Lac, WI and shares resources he developed for the presentation.
- Martin’s Internet Safety resources:
- A Parents’ Guide to Facebook Safety
(15:07) Cyberbullying expert – Dr. Justin Patchin, Co-Director of the Cyberbullying Research Center and Associate Professor at the University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, shares tips with Martin and Sallie on combating cyberbullying proactively and dealing with cyberbullying incidents when they do occur.
Picks of the week:
(41:37) On the March 7th episode of WELSTech we’ll countdown our next 7 Best list, and listeners can be part of the list creation. Simply let us know your favorite
Teacher Resource Sites
You can tweet us using #WELSTech, write on our Facebook or Google+ wall, leave a voicemail (405-FOR-WELS), send an e-mail, mail it in on a carrier pigeon or whatever method you want to use. Just let us know what you think is best!
- (42:47) Tom Rosenow Principal of St. John’s, Pigeon, MI shared a link to Color Wizard for generating web page color schemes.
- Gail Potratz from Emanuel in New London, WI phoned in her recommendation of Clea.nr for viewing YouTube safely.
- Ryan Rosenthal from Faith in Fond du Lac, WI shared a link to an interesting edtech article entitled Using technology in the classroom requires experience and guidance
- Pastor Rob Guenther from Grace in Kenai, AK shared a link to Gospel eBooks
- Read the discussion about prospect database solutions on the In The WELS group boards at LinkedIn
- Via the WELSTech Facebook page, Pastor Mark Parsons from Christ the King in Port Charlotte, FL shared a link to their Easter event page on Facebook, Journey to the Cross
- Links shared in the WELSTech Diigo group this week include …
Coming up on WELSTech:
(54:05) Episode 225 – Next week we welcome guest host teacher Gail Potratz, and we discuss the future of textbooks on our ed-tech focused episode. (Release date – 02/29/12)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: