220 – Google: Friend or Foe?
It’s education week on the WELSTech Podcast as we take a deep dive into Google Apps for the classroom.
Podcast: Download ()
(2:57) Transforming the classroom – Wisconsin Lutheran College’s Director of Digital Education, Joe Du Fore, talks with Martin and Sallie about this summer’s Google Education Summit where educators can earn 3 hours of graduate credit, get a Google Chromebook, and leave the event prepared to set up, administer and effectively use Google Apps in their schools.
- Google Education Summit 2012
- Joe’s previous WELSTech appearance – Episode 093 – Back to School with Technology
(19:00) Using Google Apps – Jason Schmidt (jasonschmidt123 on Twitter) from Bennington Public Schools returns to his semi-regular technology correspondent role to share with Martin and Sallie his Google Apps experience including uses for faculty planning, student Google Sites and collaborative assignments.
- Sample site for training students on Google Sites
- Flubaroo for self-correcting Google Forms
- Lessons plans from Google Apps for Education
- K-12 Guide to Going Google
- Google Apps for Education Training Center
News in tech:
Picks of the week:
- (41:55) Google Cloud Connect for Microsoft Office
- YouTube Playlist – Sharing | Sample Playlist
- (48:35) Kurt Gosdeck from St. Lucas in Kewaskum. WI phoned in an update on his “flipped” 1:1 classroom.
- Links shared in the WELSTech Diigo group this week include …
- How to Predict the Future of Technology
- A Nonprofit Goes Google
- Snooze Your Email Chrome Plugin
- Screenr for instant screencast
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 221 – We launch a new segment on next week’s WELSTech … our first ever 7 Best list! We’ll discuss our favorite Digital Bible Study Tools and be joined by Pastor Stephen Daley for the pastor’s perspective on digital Bible study. (Release date – 02/01/12)
The featured artist:
(54:20) We close the podcast with the music of Cross to Glory – You Know I Know from their CD titled “Life’s Song”
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: