This week on the WELSTech Podcast we look at examples of WELS congregation’s Facebook pages .
Facebook pages – A question from Cindie Walker about the new facebook page for Cross of Life in Mississauga, Ontario was the spark for Martin and Sallie’s discussion today. Adding a Facebook page to your communication strategy provides a platform for sharing events, announcements and audio/video content, and it also allows members to easily practice “lifestyle evangelism”.
- Facebook Pages on the WELSTech Wiki
- Get a username (vanity URL) for your Facebook page
- Lesley Bergeman from Good Shepherd’s in West Allis, WI shared excellent ides for congregation Facebook pages in the comments of one of Martin’s recent blog post (Good Shepherd’s on Facebook)
- The RSS Graffitti app allows automated posting to pages from Twitter and RSS feeds
(23:45) WELS on Facebook – Alicia Neumann from WELS Communication Services talks with Martin and Sallie about the content and maintenance of WELS official Facebook presence – facebook.com/welslutherans.
(38:44) TableProject.org – a private social platform for churches
- Take a test drive at welstech.tableproject.org. Account creation is required, and the “secret code” is welstech.
Picks of the week:
- (46:44) Rachel Arnold from St. Matthews in Stoddard, WI is taking the WELSTech weekly blogging challenge. Follow Rachel’s blog, Chosen by Christ.
- Pastor Steve Oldre from St. Peter in Chaseburg and Hamburg, WI asked for recommendations on media for shut-in ministry recordings. How do you share church recordings with shut-ins in your congregation? E-mail WELSTech your solution!
- Martin shared links via the WELSTech Diigo Group
Coming up on WELSTech:
(55:56) Episode 174 – We discuss school administration communication, the focus of Chapter 7 of our current book selection, Leading 21st Century Schools. (Release date – 03/09/11)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: