This week the WELSTech Podcast round table includes two guest hosts, and the topic of the day is social bookmarking and more with Diigo.
Digging Diigo – Gail Potratz (gailpotratz on Twitter) from Emanuel in New London, WI and Jason Schmidt (jasonschmidt123 on Twitter) from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE join Martin and Sallie to talk all things Diigo, the Web 2.0 social bookmarking and annotation tool that is so much more!
- Diigo overview video
- Diigo Help
- Diigo for Education
- Jason’s Diigo and Delicious comparison
- Martin’s Teacher’s Conference Diigo Lists
- Jason’s recorded web conference – Diigo training for Emanuel in New London, WI
(15:36) Shepherd’s Staff church management software year end process
Picks of the week:
- (16:35) Packrati.us – Twitter + Diigo (or Delicious)
- Diigo announces Save Favorite Tweets
- iEarn global collaboration
- Museum Box media collection for classrooms
- Mary Fran’s Google Sites Tutorial
- BlueFish text and code editor
Christmas 2010 WELSTech Scavenger Hunt:
(32:39) Week 3 of our latest WELSTech contest is here, and we’ve hidden our “QR Code of the Week” somewhere on the WELSTech site. Listen each week through December 15th as we reveal clues for finding 5 QR Codes which will point you to a mystery message. Following the December 15th show you can enter the mystery message for a chance to win a $25 Cafe Press gift certificate, where your WELSTech merchandise dreams can come true! The winner will be selected from all correct entries and announced on our special Christmas week podcast airing December 22nd.
- This week’s clue to the code location is … Lighthouse Museum.
- Get the previous clues: Week 1 | Week 2
- Remember, you can use your smartphone or an online decoder to decipher the message. Have fun!
- (35:03) The last WELSTech Podcast included an intriguing challenge to find the meaning of “Mikogo” and listener Perry Lund found the right Web 2.0 tool for the job!
- Again, the WELSTech Listserve came through with excellent suggestions for server configuration, and we have another new WELSTech Wiki page dedicated to Network Servers.
- Highlights from the WELSTech Diigo group:
Coming up on WELSTech:
(42:23) Episode 161 – Our book discussion of Leading 21st Century Schools continues as we dig into Chapter 4. (Release date 12/08/10)
The featured artist:
(45:20) We close the podcast with the music of Revelation, a music ministry of Wisconsin Lutheran College (www.revelationwlc.com) – A Voice Cries Out from their “Led by the Light” CD
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: