130 – More iPad Ammunition
This week on the WELSTech Podcast we look at the next chapters in the ongoing book discussion and share iPad-in-Ministry resources.
Podcast: Download (34.7MB)
Today’s communities and leadership – Martin and Sallie return to Shane Hipps’ book, The Hidden Power of Electronic Culture, to discuss chapters 6 and 7 which focus on the effects of our digital age on the formation of communities, on leadership styles and ultimately on the church.
(22:05) iPad Bible App from Logos
News in tech:
(23:14) Microsoft Docs for Facebook
Picks of the week:
- (25:53) Google Apps – Free for non-profits and education
- Why Schools Are Turning to Google Apps from Mashable
- Windows Sky Drive – 25 GB of free online storage
- Map your SkyDrive in Office 2010 or Windows
- (33:07) WELSTech is going on a virtual summer Road Trip, and we want to visit your church or school to learn about the tech-in-ministry solutions you are using to further your gospel ministry! Contact Us to schedule your stop on our travel itinerary.
- FinalWeb Training in Milwaukee, WI and New Ulm, MN
- FinalWeb for Teachers – July 19 – bit.ly/fw4teachers
- FinalWeb for Dummies – July 20-22- bit.ly/fw4dummies
- (36:53) Jason Schmidt (jasonschmidt123 on Twitter), a teacher from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE tweeted links to …
- Using the Apple iPad in Ministry from Christian Computing
- StarrMatica Learning Systems
- Missionary Mike Hartman from Leon, Mexico shared his experience with the Carbonite cloud-based backup solution
- David Schumann from Peace in Janesville, WI wrote in with his ideas for a WELS Virtual Academy
Coming up on WELSTech:
(44:20) Episode 131 – We’re talking web design with Perry Lund, webmaster for Grace in Oskaloosa, IA (grace-wels.org, a Joolma site). (Release date 05/12/10)
The featured artist:
(45:30) We close the podcast with the music of Cross To Glory (www.crosstoglory.com) – One Name from their CD titled “Life’s Song”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!