This week on the WELSTech podcast we learn about the audio/video configuration in the new MLC chapel.
The Chapel of the Christ – Martin and Sallie take the WELSTech audience “on the road” as we check out the beautiful new Chapel of the Christ on the campus of Martin Luther College and record our first ever WELSTech videocast. Watch as we talk with John Nolte, MLC Professor and faculty sponsor of Avco, the student-run audio/video organization, David Hosbach from DSH Audio Visions and students Justin Liepert and Jeffery Clark. We get a techie tour of the chapel’s new audio video equipment.
- Watch live chapel services (10:30 a.m. and 6:50 p.m. weekdays) plus special concerts and services on the MLC Chapel channel – www.ustream.tv/channel/mlc-chapel
- Become a fan of Martin Luther College on Facebook and receive announcements about streamed events – www.facebook.com/mlcwels
- Special thanks to DSH Audio Visions and Riedel & Associates for their work on the audio/video equipment and acoustics in the chapel
(12:30) Biblos.com – online Bible study resources
News in tech:
Picks of the week:
(26:15) WELS Locator – submit your web site and church photo
- (28:49) Perry Lund from Grace in Oskaloosa, IA shared his experience with Martin Luther College’s online class offerings.
- Joshua Schoeneck from Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School is a fan of Jim Grunwald’s image editor pick of the week, GIMP, as well as InkScape for vector image editing.
- John Shoosmith from Redeemer in Yakima, WA was excited by Google Map’s Street View in 3D (April Fool’s). John also continues to update the information about closed captioning videos on the WELSTech Wiki. Let us know if you do closed captioning.
- Visit the WELSTech Listserve archive to learn about radio broadcast and online Bible study resources.
- Following up on episode 120, teacher Ryan Rosenthal from Faith in Fond du Lac, WI shared many ways he uses YouTube in the Classroom.
- Jason Schmidt from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE tweeted a link to a new word cloud generator, Tagxedo.
- Dick Kuehn from Good Shepherd in China Grove, NC asked about sources for stock religious photography, and we thought it was a list worth sharing:
- Winnebago Lutheran Academy Choir Director Dale Witte shared a link to video of the WELS Choralfest kids singing the national anthem for the Arizona Diamondbacks game on April 10, 2010.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(49:06) Episode 128 – We’re hitting the books again on WELSTech. Join us for a discussion of chapter 6 of Shane Hipps’ The Hidden Power of Electronic Culture. (Release date 04/21/10)
The featured artist:
- (52:42) Blogger Steve Brown from “Worship Ideas You Can Use” called in a comment about Michael Schroeder’s latest CD titled “Worship” which includes companion PowerPoint resources for use in worship. Read Steve’s review of the CD.
- We close the podcast with the music of Michael Schroeder (www.michaelschroeder.com and Facebook) – That’s My King from his CD titled “Worship”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: