125 – Going To School On The Internet
This is classroom technology week on the WELSTech Podcast and Martin welcomes special guests Gail Potratz and Jim Grunwald.
Podcast: Download (42.3MB)
Internet Delivery of Education Content – Martin is joined by Dr. Jim Grunwald, Director of Academic Computing at Martin Luther College, and Gail Potratz, Technology Director from Emanuel in New London, WI. They discuss the many pros as well as the implementation challenges of using a web-based delivery platform for classroom assignments. Jim also shares information on MLC’s new course offerings targeted to prepare teachers to use and support a variety technology in the school setting.
(32:26) Adding Google Analytics to Facebook Fan Pages
Picks of the week:
- (35:44) GIMP image editor (Jim’s tutorials)
- The Socially Networked Classroom by William Kist
- Phrase Express (Read Martin’s blog post on the topic)
(45:48) WELS will be streaming the Martin Luther College Chapel of the Christ dedication service on Saturday, April 10 at 7 p.m. Check out the agenda for the dedication weekend.
- (47:24) The WELSTech community comes through with links to great internet safety resources
- Professor Garfield teaches online safety (from Jason Schmidt)
- Smokescreengame.com for upper age teens (Gail is looking for feedback)
- Welcome to the Web
- Jason Schmidt from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE also tweeted some cool links
- Shiv David from Hope in Toronto, Canada wrote to us for ideas on electronic newsletters. Check out the past BWTG podcast on MailChimp!
Coming up on WELSTech:
(55:33) Episode 126 – Martin and Sallie preview the resources available at InternetEvangelismDay.com and talk with the man behind the site, Tony Whittaker. (Release date 04/07/10)
The featured artist:
(56:53) We close the podcast with the music of Stephen Bautista (www.stephenbautistamusic.com or @stephenbautista on Twitter) – The Most Beautiful Thing from his CD “Abandon”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: