On this week’s WELSTech podcast the conversation includes tips for computer maintenance and a look at electronic resources from NPH.
Maintaining your computer – From canned air to reinstalling operating systems, Martin and Sallie share tips and many free resources for keeping your computer running smoothly.
- Computer Maintenance on the WELSTech Wiki, started by Perry Lund from Grace in Oskaloosa, IA
- Read Jeremy Johnson’s recommendations for computer maintenance
- Five Best Windows Maintenance Tools from Lifehacker
- Clean Up and Revive Your Bloated, Sluggish Mac from Lifehacker
- Fight Malware with …
- CCleaner – Registry cleaner & more
- Disk Defragmenter recommendations …
- Prep Your Mac for Snow Leopard from Lifehacker
- Wash your keyboard in the dishwasher??
(18:30) Delivering electronic resources – From Northwestern Publishing House (NPH), Martin and Sallie are joined by Kurt Adams, Director of Internet and Publishing Technology, and Mark Buske, Director of Marketing, and we learn about NPH electronic and downloadable products. NPH.net offers over 250 digital products, including free downloadable Bible studies, and has several exciting electronic products in development.
Picks of the week:
- (42:02) Resize your images easily
- MinistryCSS.com – Design to inspire
(50:04) WELSTech turns 100 on October 7th and we’re dedicating this special episode to YOU, our listeners!
- Share your story of how WELSTech has enhanced your public or personal ministry
- One lucky winner will receive a WELSTech Sigg Water Bottle
- (52:03) Nathaniel Timmermann asked about web site review and design guidelines from a Christian perspective
- The #WELSTech Twitter conversation this week included …
- Jason Schmidt from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE shared a link to a TweetDeck “how-to” from Blogging Art and Practice
- Pastor Aaron Frey from Emanuel in Tawas City, MI reported that Logos is a good reason not to use brand new versions of Internet Explorer. We’ll talk more with Pastor Frey on Logos in an upcoming episode.
- Missionary Larry Schlomer of the LATTE team was looking for tips to get started mind mapping, a great brainstorming, organizing and, believe it or not, presentation tool
- Alan Bundt added his church, Good Shepherd in Wisconsin Rapids, WI to the growing list of congregations with Facebook fan pages
- David Schumann from Peace in Janesville, WI suggested ministry applications for Google Earth
Coming up on WELSTech:
(1:01:46) Episode 098 – Member focused web sites and an interview with Brad Wheeling from Concordia Technology Solutions will headline next week’s show. (Release date 09/23/09)
The featured artist:
(1:03:15) This week we close with the music of WELS band Corban Creek – Serve Him from their CD titled “Could It Be Me”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 414-375-2334
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: