This week on WELSTech the topic is tech items to take along when you’re away from home.
Pack your bags – With conference and vacation season upon us, many people are “on the road”. Whether you’re leaving home for work or play, Martin and Sallie discuss all the techie items you need to pack to stay connected.
- Pogoplug – Connect your external hard drive to the internet for remote access
New Technology Showcase:
- (17:09) Bing – Microsoft search engine
Picks of the week:
- (22:18) Geocaching – World-wide treasure hunt
- iGoogle – Gadget driven home page
- (30:44) Following up on last week’s backup discussion …
- Pastor Dan Witte from Risen Savior in Lakewood Ranch, FL shared a resource page he created for studying God’s Word in the original languages
- Christopher Hintz is looking for information on curriculum mapping software solutions. Stay tuned!
- Jason Schmidt tweeted to #WELSTech about Creaza.com – a productivity site for kids
Coming up on WELSTech:
(39:34) Episode 076 – The discussion of chapter 8 of Clay Shirky’s Here Comes Everybody titled “Solving Social Dilemmas” will look at the increasing difficulty of getting people together
The featured artist:
(41:05) This week we close with music of WELS instrumentalist In His Service (www.adagioconcepts.com) – Lost In The Night from their CD titled “In His Time”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 414-375-2334
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: