066 – The Five D’s and W’s
This week the WELSTech podcast goes global as Martin and Sallie discuss internet evangelism and chat with Dr. John Lawrenz from Asia Lutheran Seminary.
Podcast: Download (35.5MB)
- Internet Evangelism – Playing a WELSTech version of alphabet soup, Martin and Sallie share digital evangelism tips for your church web site in the form of five “W’s” (who, what, when, where and why) and “D’s” or “Do’s” for consideration.
- Sallie’s 5 W’s links
- Listen to our interview with John Simonson on search
- Google Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Online worship on the WELSTech wiki – Add your congregation!
- Reaching out to billions (24:34) – Spanning the globe to bring you the latest news on technology in ministry, Martin and Sallie talk with Dr. John Lawrenz about the work being done in Hong Kong through Asia Lutheran Seminary and how technology is a blessing to their efforts. Listen also for details on their newest project, the Translation Working Group.
- New technology showcase (47:55)
- Picks of the week (52:35)
- Free audio – www.FreeSound.org
- Social reading list – www.GoodReads.com
- Contest – Top 5 Desert Island Software Picks
- Send us the five software titles you wouldn’t want to live without – free or fee, desktop or Web 2.0, anything goes
- Get us your list via your favorite WELSTech communication channel – e-mail us, leave us a voice mail (414-375-2334), send us a message on facebook or twitter – just get us your top 5 picks!
- One random entry will receive a $25 gift certificate to the WELSTech store (cafepress.com/welstech)
- Deadline for entry is Sunday April 26, 2009 @ 11:59 p.m.
- Listen to WELSTech Episode 069 on April 29th to find out if you are the winner and to experience a virtual desert island of software picks
- Community feedback (1:00:09)
- Jason Schmidt from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE shared a link to embedit.in which generates embed code for any type of content you want to post on your web site
- Alyssa Dunning from WELS Web Services shared a link to VisualCV.com where you can create a free online resume
- Ryan Rosenthal from Faith in Fond du Lac, WI came through with a response to Sallie’s last Pick of the Week – NCShtDwn will shut down computers at whatever time you set
- The #WELSTech Twitter conversation this week included
- David Savatski from WELS Missions with a link to blip.tv
- Jason Schmidt tried out AlertThingy.com
- Pastor Tim Wagner from Abiding Peace in Elgin, IL recommended the Free Color Picker from Eltima
- Martin posted about the new wiki copyright page
- Sallie shared a link to a DIY under-the-counter PC project from LifeHacker- Stay tuned for project updates!
- John Shoosmith from Redeemer in Yakima, WA offered to encode closed caption videos in Microsoft Silverlight for WELS congregations, free of change. Contact John through the e-mail options on the Redeemer web site for details.
- Coming up on WELSTech (1:11:21)
- Episode 067 – We’ll return to Clay Shirky’s book Here Comes Everybody and discuss chapter 5, “Personal Motivation Meets Collaborative Production”. Also we’ll share part one of our conversation with WELS musicianary Mike Westendorf.
The featured artist:
- This week we close with the WELSTech debut of artist Stephen Bautista (www.stephenbautistamusic.com) – The Man Who Drove The Nail from his CD titled Abandon (1:13:10)
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 414-375-2334
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!