This week on WELSTech Martin and Sallie discuss the effects on gospel outreach of the shift from traditional mass media to individual self-publication via the web.
- Are You a Media Outlet? – Continuing the discussion of Clay Shirky’s book, Here Comes Everybody – The Power of Organizing Without Organizations, Martin and Sallie look at chapter 3 and discuss the amateurization of mass media and the effect self-publishing is having on ministry.
- Picks of the week (22:19)
- WELS.net feature (29:39)
- Community feedback (31:51)
- MLC student Jeffrey Clark sent in a request for an upcoming WELSTech episode – Libronix software tips and tricks. Check out details on the new addition of Christian Worship and Christian Worship Supplement lectionaries to Libronix – www.wels.net/jump/cwsupplement.
- The WELSTech listserve members have been sharing ideas about electronics recycling. We also heard from Cindy Krueger from Shepherd of the Hills in Lansing MI who shared a link to a new recycling program from Best Buy launching February 15th in all U.S. stores.
- Coming up on WELSTech (36:48)
- Episode 058 – Martin shares highlights from his Mission and Ministry presentation on streaming video, and we talk with Pastor Daron Lindemann about the “Message from the Master” web site.
The featured artist:
- We close with music of WELS artist, Mike Westendorf (www.mikewestendorf.com) – Press On from his CD titled Climb The Mountain (38:50)
- Add a comment below
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Voice mail: 414-375-2334
- del.icio.us tag: welstech