This week on WELSTech Martin and Sallie share information on two Web 2.0 publishing tools – blogs and the Facebook social network. Learn how you can use these tools to further your ministry efforts.
- Blogs in the Ministry – The use of blogs or personal journal web software has bridged the publishing gap for millions of people, allowing them a voice on the web. Martin and Sallie explore blogs, pointing out free tools, sample blogs and great blog uses for ministry.
- Free blogging tools
- Sample blogs
- Read about using blogs in the classroom
- Reaching Youth on Facebook (17:55) – Pastor Peter Schmidt from Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Menomonee Falls/Germantown, WI joins Martin and Sallie to discuss his use of the social networking site Facebook to connect with the youth of his congregation.
- This week’s picks (34:48)
- WELS.net feature (41:12)
- WELS Calendar – www.wels.net/jump/calendar
- Of interest (42:17)
- Camp Phillip, Wautoma, WI – www.campphillip.com
- Community feedback (44:14)
- Pastor James Douglas from Redeemer in Pierre, SD asked about using an older camera for streaming video and how to convert the output from analog to digital
The featured artist:
- This week we close with the music of Michael Schroeder (www.michaelschroeder.com) – Paradise from his CD titled A Witness (47:20)