Apr 16 2013
On this edition of WELSTech, we discuss ideas and examples of digital outreach web sites, podcasts, video channels and e-news including the Bread For Beggars site started in the WELS South Atlantic District. It may be our longest episode ever, but you’ll want to hang on for all the picks, WELS.net features and community feedback goodness we’ve packed into this show!
Listen now or download Episode 284 (1:21:14)
Niche Evangelism – Going beyond traditional church web sites, many people are using creative digital content to reach out with the good news of Jesus Christ. Martin and Sallie take a whirl-wind tour of specialized digital ministry efforts across the web and discuss tools and channels you can use for your own outreach as part of congregation efforts or on a personal level.
- Distribution Platforms:
- Examples of Digital Ministries:
- He Loved Us First - Interview (18:55)
- Mark Care’s Weblog - Interview (22:50)
- Worship Ideas You Can Use
- Holy Hen House!
- Men’s Network
- What About Jesus
- Canaan Bound Podcast - Interview (0:45)
- A Reason For Hope - Interview (15:30)
- Issues, Etc.
- Pirate Christian Radio
- Lutheran Satire
- Jonathan Fisk on YouTube – LCMS President Harrison’s response
- St. Paul’s Daily Bread
- PC’s Take
- Prayer Notebook
- Who is Jesus?
- Corissa Nelson Art - Interview (19:50)
- Free Bible Images
(25:06) The Bread of Life – Pastor Mark Parsons from Christ the King in Port Charlotte, FL and Matt Visaggio talk with Martin and Sallie about the web site Bread for Beggars, an outreach focused site started in WELS South Atlantic District.
Picks of the week:
(53:53) Check out WELS’ brand new Spanish outreach site, El Mensajero Luterano
(56:25) Register online to attend the first WELSTech Camp, a free un-conference coming up September 14 at Martin Luther College. Check out the link for all the details including a Friday night meet-up and deals on hotels in the area.
- (58:30) How Google Glass Works
- 10 Must-Have Tools for Schools Implementing 1-1
- Shakespeare Uncovered
- Edmodo vs. Schoology vs. Moodle
- Mac Power Users Podcast – Merlin Returns
- forScore 5.0
- The 22 Milestones of Education Technology
- Webinar: Social Media Best Practices for Congregations
- Operation Science
Coming up on WELSTech:
(1:14:38) Episode 285 – Next week Martin and Sallie will explore ideas to introduce technology in your congregation and talk with Pastor Steve Schamber and Jason Petoskey about the use of Logos Proclaim for worship projection at Holy Trinity in Wyoming, MI. (Release date – 04/23/13)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: