Sep 16 2014
The WELSTech spotlight shines on social media for ministry as Martin and Sallie (mostly) agree on recommended platforms and talk with blogger Lauren Hunter about a free social media for churches ebook series. Plus Sallie shares a new resource for teaching students to program – starting in Kindergarten!
Where things stand – We’ve likely moved beyond the point of calling church and school usage of social media “new territory,” but it is still unfamiliar and at times uncomfortable for many. Martin and Sallie share their thoughts on the best social channels for outreach, inreach and professional development.
Don’t miss a discussion so exciting it was tweet worthy …
A fresh tech-in-ministry voice – Interviews are back on WELSTech! Martin and Sallie chat with Lauren Hunter, founder and lead blogger at ChurchTechToday.com. Listen as she talks about highlights of the 7-year history of the site, tips on church use of social media and predictions of the next big technology tool for ministry.
- Free Church Social Media eBooks from ChurchTechToday.com
- Lifeway Church Tech & Media
News in tech:
Tips & picks of the week:
- Studio by Code.org to teach coding from Kindergarten up
- Teaching Students to Program on the WELSTech Wiki
- Belkin Bluetooth Car Hands-Free Kit
- Find out more about Practical Evangelism for Congregations, part of the WELS Evangelism Certificate being offered through Martin Luther College
Need to know:
- iPhone 4 donations needed for Malawi
- Pastors – Take our 5 minute Tech Survey (bit.ly/pastorstechsurvey) and you could win a copy of HymnSoft Player 3.0 (a $249.99 value) courtesy of Northwestern Publishing House
- Presenters at WELSTech Conference 2015 (wels.net/welstechconf), July 9-11, 2015 at Country Springs Hotel and Conference Center in Pewaukee, WI attend for FREE?!! We’re currently looking for presenters and tech topics of interest for our breakout sessions. Give it some thought and submit your ideas!
- Online closed captioning with DotSub.com and YouTube
- Video editing software:
- Creative Cloud Photography Deal from Adobe
- Share your experience with stationary, unmanned video cameras for live streaming on the WELSTech listserve
- Android app compatibility comes to Chrome OS
- 11 Great YouTube Channels for Teachers
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 360 – Take note, next week WELSTech will broadcast live on MONDAY, September 22 at 4 pm – welstechlive.wels.net. Martin and Sallie share the scoop on digital note-taking tools. (Broadcast date – 09/22/14)
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: