May 27 2014
This week on WELSTech we welcome sunshine in the form of semi-regular classroom technology correspondent Jason Schmidt who shares his knowledge of Google Play for Education and Google tablet management. We also hit the jackpot in terms of listener reviews and share several solutions to assist with learning a new language.
The interview and discussion:
Managing Google Tablets - Martin and Sallie are joined by WELSTech edtech guest host, Jason Schmidt (a.k.a. Mr. Sunshine), Technology Coordinator for Bennington ISD. Jason gives us a behind the scenes tour of the Google Play for Education store and answers questions from viewers about managing Google tablets through the Google Apps for Education administration panel.
- Staying Fit With Tech by Tim Gielbelhaus
- Evernote for Ministry by Pastor Emile Burgess
- Lubuntu by Jimmy Pautz
- Share a helpful resource that makes a difference in your ministry, and you will be entered to win a Nexus 7. Deadline for entry is May 31, 2014.
- Complete Guide to Using the Correct Charger or Power Adapter (and What Happens If You Don’t)
- Follow MLC Weather and Webcam on Weather Underground
- Phone Photography – Zoom with your feet!
Picks of the week:
- Auto Awesome photos in Google+
- Duolingo - Watch the creator, Luis von Ahn, present the idea at TedX
- Word Lens and all of the supplemental language packs are free
- Coming to WELSTech this summer … “The Great WELSTech Wiki Revival”
- Where to Find Images For Your Church’s Website
- Google’s Classroom: A Sneak Peek
- Google’s Interactive Account Manager
- Paperless Church discussion on the WELSTech Listserve
Coming up on WELSTech:
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: