Oct 21 2009
This week on the WELSTech Podcast we take a final look at the concepts presented in the book Here Comes Everybody by Clay Shirky.
Expanding Your Life Scope – Martin and Sallie wrap up their discussion of Clay Shirky’s Here Comes Everybody, looking at chapter 11 and the epilogue. Tying all the concepts from the book together, three key components of digital groups emerge, and we see that these revolutionary changes should be accepted and taken for granted as we make use of them to spread the gospel message.
- The new WELSTech book selection is The Hidden Power of Electronic Culture: How Media Shapes Faith, the Gospel, and Church by Shane Hipps
(22:44) BibleGlo.com – Multimedia Bible software
- Video overview
- Newsweek review – Goodbye to Gideon?
- Follow BibleGlo on Twitter. Tweet #bibleglo for a chance to win a copy of the software.
News in tech:
(26:28) Google Wave invites are trickling out.
- Join the WELSTech public wave – search for this phrase …
with:public “Calling all WELSTech-ers!”
Picks of the week:
- (36:30) Perry Lund from Grace in Oskaloosa, IA sent us a link to his catechism class timeline of Luther’s life.
- David Schuman from Peace in Janesville, WI shared thoughts on the use of virtual meetings in congregations and further thoughts on raising congregational awareness of technology.
- As a follow up to our new public Google Calendar with the Christian Worship and Christian Worship: Supplement lectionary, Mark Ochsankehl shared a sample site with Google Calendar instructions for members.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(42:26) Gail Potratz joins the WELSTech crew as we share our picks of safe web sites for kids of all ages. (Release date 10/28/09)
The featured artist:
(43:25) This week we close with the music of WELS instrumentalist In His Service – Gabriel’s Message from their CD titled ”In the Fullness of Time”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: