Feb 2 2011
This week the WELSTech Podcast focus is evangelistic web sites as we discuss a new e-book on that topic.
A WELSTech e-Book Release – Martin and Sallie discuss recent work on Websites and Missions: Reaching Out in a Digital World.
- Read the e-book online in Scribd format
- Download the PDF
- Visit the sample web sites:
(23:00) Crosswalk Communications – Staff minister Jonathan Favorite from Crosswalk Lutheran Ministries in Phoenix AZ joins Martin and Sallie to share details about their use of technology to communicate the Gospel.
- Umbraco content management system
(38:44) Do you accept online donations on your church web site? Share your experience!
News in Tech:
Picks of the week:
- (43:04) Meet Me At Midnight – Smithsonian Art Museum fun for students grades 3-5 via Free Technology For Teachers
- LibreOffice – open source office software
- (46:38) Gail Potratz from Emanuel in New London, WI shared several useful links:
- Jane Hart’s Alternatives for Dimdim
- Qwiki – Lifehacker review: Qwiki is like a mini, visually-rich Wikipedia that reads to you
- MDMC 2011
- Drop Mocks – Easy image sharing
- Maren McPeak from St. Mark’s in Citrus Heights, CA is a fan of Evernote and shared a link to 10 Evernote Tips for School
- Pastor Dan Witte from Risen Savior in Lakewood Ranch, FL asked about expandable content like this page on WELS.net. Webmaster Julie Duran shared links to two CSS solutions – CSS Ninja | CSS Newbie
Coming up on WELSTech:
(54:28) Episode 170 – Missionary Mike Hartman joins us to share news about the newest “Proclaimer” of God’s Word in Mexico, and we discuss chapter 6 of Leading 21st Century Schools. (Release date 02/09/11)
The featured artist:
(55:20) This week we close with the music of Crosswalk Lutheran Ministries featuring our interviewee, Jonathan Favorite- Dive Into God’s Word from their CD titled ”Crosswalk Lutheran Ministries”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: