Jan 4 2012
This week the WELSTech Podcast includes a special anniversary celebration, and the discussion topic is optimized web browsing.
Listen now or download Episode 217 (56:38)
- Kicking off year 5 – Martin and Sallie look back at the WELSTech beginning in January 2008 and look forward to a new series – “7 Best” – for 2012.
- What has your browser done for you lately? – Martin and Sallie share their personal browser settings and tips so you can start your new year with a supercharged browser.
Picks of the week:
- (42:22) Logos web developer, Mike Hanson, reminded us that The People’s Bible from Northwestern Publishing House is available for the Logos software.
- Pastor Steve Daley from Petra in Sauk Rapids, MN appreciated our recent podcast on Schoology. He’s using Schoology to connect in one place with his public and LES Catechism students.
- Teacher Ryan Rosenthal from Faith in Fond du Lac, WI is shared a link on the WELSTech Listserve to an article which explores the possibility that the concept of “Digital Natives” is a myth.
- Links shared in the WELSTech Diigo group this week include …
- Insync – Keeps your Google Docs synchronized
- TES iboard – Early childhood & elementary activities
- Science NetLinks lessons
- Integrate Moodle and Google
- Moodle Tutorials – Educating Educators
- The news in Lego 2011
- Siemens Science Day by Discovery Education
- Top 100 Sites of 2011 (EdTech) from Tech & Learning magazine
- Internet Toolbox for Churches podcast
- Doodle – for easy scheduling
- Dropbox Automator
Coming up on WELSTech:
(51:06) Episode 218 – The WELSTech book discussion continues with a look at Chapter 4 of The Church of Facebook. (Release date – 01/11/12)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: