Mar 11 2014
What is WELSTech without a lively book discussion? Even though Martin is traveling, he manages to join Sallie for the conclusion of the sometimes contentious book discussion of The Shallows. He brings along a tip and pick as well, and Sallie shares some interesting community feedback. Listen up!
Book wrap up – Apps for speed reading, such at Spritz, promise to lower reading time while increasing comprehension. But are these digital enhancements taxing our overloaded brains even more? Martin and Sallie conclude their discussion of the current WELSTech book selection, The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing To Our Brains by Nicholas Carr. In chapters 9 and 10, the author drives home his point that the electronic smorgasbord of the Internet does have an effect on our brains ability to store information in long-term memory. We need “down time” to allow our brains to process and store memories.
- The Power of the Windows Search Key
- Share (don’t e-mail) files
Picks of the week:
Registration is officially open for summer FinalWeb training with Martin and Sallie at the Center for Mission and Ministry, July 29 – August 1. Learn more and sign up at bit.ly/fwtraininginfo.
- Child Abuse Prevention
- Currency Clip Art
- Background Image Generator
- Doceri 2.0 Overview [Video]
- PowerPoint in Higher Education is Ruining Teaching
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 333 – Video is the focus of the next WELSTech episode. Specifically Martin and Sallie will discuss considerations and mechanics of live streaming worship and WLC Prof. Steve Zambo will share techniques for enhancing video production. (Broadcast date – 03/18/14)
This week only, download a free music single from Cross To Glory (www.facebook.com/crosstoglory) – My Grace Will Do
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: