Nov 9 2011
This week the WELSTech Podcast welcomes author Jesse Rice as we discuss his book, The Church of Facebook.
“Home is where …” – Returning to the current book discussion, Martin and Sallie look at Chapter 2 of The Church of Facebook and discuss the reasons Facebook feels like “Home” to so many people.
(13:52) Chat with the author – Jesse Rice (@JesseRice on Twitter) talks with Martin and Sallie about his book, The Church of Facebook. Find out how Jesse sees Facebook as both a catalyst and a symptom of our ability to connect and what Jesse thinks is the churches’ biggest mistake on Facebook.
Picks of the week:
(39:37) Watch live video streaming of the WELS National Choral Festival on MLC TV
- Pops concert – Friday, November 11 at 7:00 p.m.
- Sacred concert – Sunday, November 13 at 2:00 p.m.
- (40:53) Via the WELSTech Diigo group we learned about many links:
- Wikipedia Selection for Schools
- Tim Tebow spawns searches and more
- xtimeline – Explore and create free time lines
- Grade Level Skills Help at Internet 4 Classrooms
- Alycia Cameron shared the Hallelujah Chorus with captions by Quinhagak, AK students and community members. What a great project for students learning about video editing.
- David Schumann from Peace in Janesville, WI shared his congregation’s experience with converting to MailChimp e-newsletters.
Coming up on WELSTech:
The featured artist:
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: