Nov 12 2013
Tune in to this episode of WELSTech for a discussion of chapter 5 of the current WELSTech book selection, The Shallows, an interview with Pastor Jared Oldenburg, author of the Who Is Jesus? iBook and details on a Christmas video contest being held on the Bread for Beggars website.
Listen now or download Episode 315 (57:09)
New media via the Net – Martin and Sallie discuss chapter 5 of Nicholas Carr’s book, The Shallows, focusing on the changes that have taken place in media as it is webified as well as the results on our ways of thinking.
(27:03) Share your review of software, hardware or web sites which assist with your personal or professional ministry efforts, and you will be entered to win a Nexus 7 tablet. Deadline for entry is May 31, 2014.
- (28:15) Free Bible Images of Christmas
- Share a helpful resource that makes a difference in your ministry, and you will ll be entered to win an Apple TV. Deadline for entry is May 31, 2014.
- (30:23) Keyboard shortcuts for new tabs and windows
- New tab – Control+T
- Reopened the last tab closed – Control+Shift+T
- New Window – Control+N
- The joys of tethering – iOS requirements
Picks of the week:
- (35:32) Google Apps Training
- JBL Charge
(43:01) Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary will celebrate their 150th anniversary with festival worship on November 17 at 3 and 7 p.m. Tune in for live streaming of the 3 p.m. service.
- (46:17) How to Use AirDrop in iOS7 – for iPad Classrooms
- Teens Are Leaving Facebook
- SnagIt Chrome Extension and App – Get in on the beta
Coming up on WELSTech:
(55:03) Episode 316 – Martin and Sallie square off as they debate the pros and cons of their favorite platforms – Mac vs. PC and Android vs. iOS. (Release date – 11/19/13)
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: