Aug 9 2016
On WELSTech this week we kickoff the last of our Summer 2016 series. The series topic is self-publishing, and we’re using With All Your Heart, WELSTech’s book on project management, to explore the steps involved in digital, print and audio publishing. Plus, we look at the recent Pokémon GO fad and why churches and schools may want to find out more about it.
I’m swayed! – In the first of a three-part summer series on self-publishing, Marin and Sallie share the pros and cons of working with Microsoft Sway to create mobile-friendly digital eBooks.
Picks of the week:
- Pokémon GO
- Get Up and Go! – Overview video
- Does the Pokemon Go App Qualify as Church Technology
- The Best Way for Churches to ‘Capitalize’ on Pokémon Go? Play It
- Pokémon GO App Review by Common Sense Media
- Dear parents: Here’s how to protect your kids from porn. You’re welcome.
- Free eBook from Covenant Eyes – Parenting the Internet Generation
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 458 – Part two of the WELSTech series on self-publishing will have Martin and Sallie exploring Create Space for on-demand print publication via Amazon. Release date: Wednesday, August 17
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: