Nov 19 2013
The gloves are on as Sallie and Martin battle it out over favorite computing platforms. Are you a Mac or a PC or does it even matter anymore? Tune in to WELSTech to find out. You’ll also hear from WELSTech listeners about everything from free sheet music to Twitter chats. Let the tech-in-ministry goodness begin!
Listen now or download Episode 316 (54:58)
Platform Power – Which computing platform is best is the topic de jour on WELSTech as Martin and Sallie explore the strengths of each of the front runners in terms of ministry usage. Should your church be a Mac or PC?
- (22:55) Jim Baur from Christ in Baxter, MN recommends Free-Scores.com
- Share a helpful resource that makes a difference in your ministry, and you will ll be entered to win an Apple TV. Deadline for entry is May 31, 2014.
- (26:30) Ryan Rosenthal from Faith in Fond du Lac, WI reviews High-Definition Wireless Presentation System from IPEVO
- Share your review of software, hardware or web sites which assist with your personal or professional ministry efforts, and you will be entered to win a Nexus 7 tablet. Deadline for entry is May 31, 2014.
- (29:56) Generating secure passwords from LastPass
- Dual monitors
Picks of the week:
- (44:10) Phonevite.com
- Tune in to Twitter or TweetChat for a #WELSworship Twitter chat on November 20 at 8 pm Central
- Check out the backchannel #MLCedu tweets for an overview of Ryan Rathje’s (Tech Director at Manitowoc Lutheran High School) recent convocation presentation at Martin Luther College titled “Technology: Harder and Easier Than It Looks”
- Podcatcher resources for sharing on your web site
- Pastor Rick Tuttle from St. John’s in Renville, MN blog’s about the recent Distance Outreach and Technology Conference
Coming up on WELSTech:
(52:51) Episode 317 – Giving thanks for tech-in-ministry is the discussion topic Martin and Sallie will tackle next week. (Release date – 11/26/13)
(53:22) This week only, download a free music single from WELS artist Kevin Loersch - Now the Light Has Gone Away (right-click the link to save) – Arranged by Kevin Loersch
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: