Jul 20 2016
This week on WELSTech we explore computer viruses and hoaxes as well as behavioral and software protection steps you can take to avoid falling prey to them. Martin shares a new challenge he’s part of, and we hear from listeners on everything from secure web sites to online manuals.
Virus Protection – Martin and Sallie discuss today’s phishing and social engineering hoaxes and the defense systems needed to avoid falling prey to them on your computer.
- Spybot Search & Destroy
- TunnelBear VPN – Chrome | Android | iOS
Picks of the week:
- HTTP vs HTTPS for SEO – What You Need to Know to Stay in Google’s Good Graces
- Should You Switch Your Site to HTTPS
- How to Make Your iPhone or iPad Read Kindle Books to You
- 11 Reasons to Keep Screens out of the Sanctuary
- Be part of the last month of the WELSTech Photo Challenge!
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 455 – Next week we close out the WELSTech security series with a discussion of all types of security policies. Release date: Wednesday, July 27
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: