Apr 2 2013
Today’s WELSTech Podcast covers ways to use your mobile photo or tablet photography in ministry. We also talk with designer Corissa Nelson about ways she lets her light shine through her online business, image donations to WELS and design work for her local congregation.
The best camera … – Martin and Sallie talk about the meteoric rise in prevalence of “pocketography” – using cameras on smartphones and tablets to easily capture and share images – and ways which these cameras can aid the work of churches, schools and individuals.
- Ten (Okay, Eleven) Tips for Better Mobile Photographs
- 10 Ways Your Smartphone Camera Can make Life Easier
- Trends in Mobile Photography [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Photojojo Store – Photojojo University
- Instagram – Sallie’s best Instagram pic
- Genius Scan
(19:50) Letting Her Light Shine Through Art – Corissa Nelson, member of Our Savior in Grafton, WI, talks with Martin and Sallie about her design business and the ways she uses her gifts to God’s glory in her church, the synod and beyond.
- Follow Corissa on Facebook and Flickr
- Visit Corissa’s Etsy shop
- WELS Inspirational Images Pool on Flickr
- April desktop calendar images
News in tech:
Picks of the week:
(40:57) WELSTech Camp will run from 8:30 AM until 4:00 PM and plans are for 4 one-hour discussion time slots plus lunch, snacks and giveaways. Join the conversation on September 14 at Martin Luther College!
- (43:09) Incompetech – Royalty-Free Music
Coming up on WELSTech:
(45:02) Episode 283 – Connecting with an audience is important to any public speaker and the topic of next week’s podcast discussion as we continue reviewing Presentation Zen by Garr Reynolds. (Release date – 04/09/13)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: