Mar 12 2013
Today’s WELSTech Podcast features a continuation of the Presentation Zen book discussion and an interview with Prepared to Answer author Professor Mark Paustain. It’s all about being engaged in the moment, and sometimes that results in great ideas for WELS apps!
A double-header book discussion – Martin and Sallie hit the WELSTech book discussion again, this week looking at chapters 7 & 8 of Presentation Zen by Garr Reynolds. Check out the links below for examples of great presentation visuals mentioned in chapter 7 and listen for tips of being an engaged presenter.
- Lessons From the Bamboo by Garr Reynolds
- Shift Happens by Jeff Brenman
- Sustainable Food Lab by Chris Landry
- Various Tashahashi examples
(13:03) Answering with a story – Pastor and Communications Professor Mark Paustain from Martin Luther College joins Martin to talk about using narrative or storytelling as a memorable and indirect way to share important gospel truths. He also shares tips for communicating effectively with digital natives in the digital age.
Picks of the week:
- (38:44) We got voicemail! Thanks Gail & Russell!!
- Sallie weighs in on BuddyPress and Jim Baur from Christ in Baxter, MN offers a development platform for any WELSTech-ers who are interested
- How to Prevent Accidental Spending in In-App Purchase on Your iPhone
- Teacher Rachel Pierson (@aleixa) from Trinty in Waukesha, WI wants to know if any WELS Teachers are interested in a #WELSed Twitter chat
- Anatomy, Grammar, syntax & Taxonomy of a Hyperlink [Inforgraphic - PDF]
- Audio Creation Exchange (ACX) from Amazon
- 5 Alternatives to the Apple iWatch
Coming up on WELSTech:
(51:24) Episode 280 – Pastor Jon Schroeder from Faith in Sharpsburg, GA talks with Martin and Sallie about Bible translations. (Release date – 03/19/13)
The featured artist:
(52:46) We close the podcast with the music of Revelation, a music ministry of Wisconsin Lutheran College – Via Dolorosa
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: