Dec 3 2013
Technology in education isn’t limited to math and science. Today we hear from Gail Potratz with many ideas for integrating technology into the Language Arts classroom. Manitowoc LHS Tech Director, Ryan Rathje, also chats with Sallie and Martin about edtech topics. Turn it up teachers, and let the WELSTech goodness flow!
Listen now or download Episode 318 (1:10:35)
Language Arts goes techie – Gail Potratz, our semi-regular classroom technology correspondent from Emmanuel in New London, MN, joins Martin and Sallie this week to share ideas for technology integration in the Language Art classroom.
- Spelling City
- Read Works
- Reading Assistant
- Voki - Example
- Google Lit Trips
- Gail’s Language Arts Wiki
- Grammar Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips
- Flocabulary - The Five Things
- Books Should Be Free
- 60 Second Recap
(28:36) Technology for new teachers (and seasoned veterans as well) – Ryan Rathje, Technology Director at Manitowoc Lutheran High School, shares highlights from his recent MLC Convocation presentation to education majors titled “Technology: Harder and Easier Than It Looks”.
- (42:38) Paul Workentine shared links to Bible history sites Ferrell’s Travel Blog and BiblePlaces.com
- Share a helpful resource that makes a difference in your ministry, and you will ll be entered to win an Apple TV. Deadline for entry is May 31, 2014.
- (44:14) Ryan Rosenthal from Faith in Fond du Lac, WI reviews the Ziggi HD USB Document Camera
- Share your review of software, hardware or web sites which assist with your personal or professional ministry efforts, and you will be entered to win a Nexus 7 tablet. Deadline for entry is May 31, 2014.
- (46:20) Pin tabs in Firefox
- Sign in to multiple Google accounts – Instructions posted in the WELS Google Schools Google+ Community
- Receive daily agenda e-mail from your Google calendar
Picks of the week:
(1:06:30) Upcoming streamed Christmas concerts:
- Via WELS Streams -
- Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary – December 8 at 3:00 pm
- Koine – December 19 at 7:00 pm
- Via MLC TV
- Martin Luther College – December 7 at 7:30 pm & December 8 at 4:00 pm
Coming up on WELSTech:
(1:07:41) Episode 319 – Tune in for chapter 6 of our current book discussion of Nicholas Carr’s The Shallows as well as the inside scoop on the new edition of HymnSoft with Carl Nolte and Michael Schultz. (Release date – 12/10/13)
(1:09:05) Kick off your Advent with a free music download from WELS pianist Dawn Michelle Williams (www.dawnmichellewilliams.com | Twitter | Facebook) - Carol of the Bells (right-click the link to save)
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: