Mar 28 2012
It’s education week on the WELSTech Podcast as Jason Schmidt joins Martin and Sallie to talk about technology for early learners.
Listen now or download Episode 229 (1:02:56)
Tech in early childhood – Martin and Sallie are joined by Jason Schmidt (jasonschmidt123 on Twitter) from Bennington Public Schools, our semi-regular technology correspondent, and today’s discussion focuses on the graphically rich edtech resources that are useful in pre-school and early elementary settings.
- Apple Configurator
- Recommended sites and software:
- Between the Lions
- Tux Paint
- Brain Pop Jr.
- This is Daniel Cook
- This is Emily Yeung
- Apple iBooks Author
(17:45) iPads in Preschool – Preschool Director Becky Huebner from Christ the King in Palm Coast, FL talks with Martin and Sallie about their use of iPads and other technology in their growing childcare, pre-school and elementary setting.
Picks of the week:
- (35:10) TES iboard
- PBS KIDS
- Google Hangouts - Learn More
- (44:16) Links shared in the WELSTech Diigo group this week include …
- Why Your Church Needs Mobile Apps
- Using Google Docs to Create Digital Kits for Student Projects
- Copy Matters: Writing for the Web
- Nathan Block, Outreach Coordinator at New Hope in Melbourne, FL, shared a link to a new promo video they created using Roxio’s Video Lab HD – Spring and Summer Events. Also check out the interactive Scale of the Universe site.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(56:11) Episode 230 – Martin and Sallie share their latest “7 Best” list, this month highlighting the 7 Best E-mail Productivity Tips and Tools. (Release date – 04/04/12)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: