Nov 30 2011
It’s education technology week on the WELSTech Podcast as Martin and Sallie welcome back Gail Potratz and discussion Schoology.
Classroom Meets Facebook – Gail Potratz, Technology Director at Emanuel in New London, WI, joins Martin and Sallie for a discussion of Schoology, the web-based course management system that looks and feels a lot like Facebook but has classroom specific privacy with student, teacher and parent access.
- The other course management system contenders
- Visit the WELSTech demo course by logging into Schoology
- As a student …
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Password: welstech
- As a parent …
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: welstech
(14:53) The Voice of Experience – Gail talks with Beth Sanders (MsSandersTHS on Twitter) from Birmingham, AL about her use of Schoology in her 1:1 Social Studies high school classrooms.
- Schoology Parent View
- Schoology How-to (ish)
- This is not a Telling Classroom, This is a Partnership
- Jason Schmidt’s Schoology blog
News in tech:
(42:10) Black Friday & Cyber Monday
Picks of the week:
(51:33) Streams Seasonal Radio
(52:50) Mark your calendars for streaming Christmas concerts
- Martin Luther College – December 3 @ 7:00 p.m. and December 4 @ 4:00 p.m.
- Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary – December 11 @ 3:00 p.m.
- (53:35) Adam Pringle was looking for a way to auto download WELS podcasts in iTunes. Check out the auto download instructions and enjoy the WELS podcasts, including …
- Gail tweeted a link to ScreenChomp for iPad by TechSmith.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(57:04) Episode 213 – Jason Jaspersen shares his web site dedicated to liturgical art resources, and Martin and Sallie revisit the weekly blogging challenge. (Release date – 12/07/11)
The featured artist:
(58:14) We close the podcast with the music of Revelation, a music ministry of Wisconsin Lutheran College (www.revelationwlc.com) - A Voice Cries Out from the CD titled “Led By The Light”
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: