Jan 26 2011
This week on the WELSTech Podcast the focus is the use of copyright-safe audio in the 21st century classroom.
Audio Resources for Students – Gail Potratz (gailpotratz on Twitter), our semi-regular classroom technology correspondent from Emanuel in New London, WI, joins Martin and Sallie this week as we review 21st Century Skills, specifically the use of audio resources for communication and problem solving.
(8:31) Copyright friendly- Barry Britt from Soundzabound.com talks with Gail about the development of the copyright-safe-audio-for-education web site.
- Wisconsin WELS educators who aren’t using Soundzabound can e-mail WELSTech for the login credentials
- FreeSound.org – Creative Commons Sampling Plus license
News in Tech:
Picks of the week:
- (37:50) DROPitTO.me
- Non-profits can obtain free hosting (for WordPress or any other software) from DreamHost.com
- 200 Pomegranates and an Audience of One
- For more info on Martin’s reading list, friend him on GoodReads.com
- (48:11) Mike Polinske commented on last weeks podcast and shared a link to Heartlight Paperquote desktop wallpaper with NIV Bible passages for pre-Windows 7 computers
- Jimmy Holub commented on the duality of the WELSTech Facebook Page and Group
- Sallie shared a link to Internet Buttons for simple browser home page creation
- Pastor Steve Daley from Petra in Sauk Rapids, MN asked Martin for clarification on his to-do-list app of choice. For the record, Martin uses Remember the Milk which syncs well with Microsoft Outlook.
- Teacher Jason Schmidt from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE tweeted two links of interest:
- Martin shared a link to a YouTube video on Changing Education Paradigms
Coming up on WELSTech:
(59:33) Episode 169 – Evangelical websites is the planned discussion topic as we chat with Staff Minister Jonathan Favorite from Crosswalk Lutheran Ministries in Phoenix, AZ. (Release date 02/02/11)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: