Jun 2 2010
This week on the WELSTech podcast the topics of ministry-oriented internet research and logo design share the stage.
Lighting of the MS River bridges in Natchez, MS
Pay attention to the research – Martin and Sallie discuss various methods for keeping up with emerging trends, especially in regard to their effect on church and school outreach.
- Pastor Tim Wagner from Abiding Peace in Elgin, IL shared a Chicago Tribune article about ChurchRater.com
- Barna Group
- Set Google Alerts on desired search terms
- Learn more about Google Reader on our past Bonus WELSTech Goodness (BWTG) Episode #79
(14:27) Designer Spotlight – Graphic designer Steven Stelter, lay member of Grace in Seattle, WA, shares tips with Martin and Sallie on great church web design and what to expect when working with a graphic designer.
(35:27) 30 churches on Facebook (and four observations) from Communicate Jesus
Picks of the week:
- (37:22) Moodle Tool Guide for Teachers from ed-tech blog Cat’s Pyjamas
- Ubuntu 10.4 Lucid Links for netbooks
- (44:05) Watch archives of MLC & WLS graduation and call services on WELS Streams > Video
- FinalWeb Training in Milwaukee, WI and New Ulm, MN
- (45:40) Teacher Ryan Rosenthal from Faith in Fond du Lac, WI shared news from the WI Educational Communications Board that all WI schools have subscriptions to Soundzabound.com
- Alyssa Dunning recommended online music streaming site, Grooveshark
- Perry Lund from Grace in Oskaloosa, IA commented on Accordance and SMEStorage from episode #132 and shared a link to the new iPads in Education Ning
- Maren McPeak likes Toodledo for cross-platform task management
- David Schumann from Peace in Janesville, WI is looking for children’s online Bible resources for summer enrichment. Check out KidsConnection.tv.
- Martin recommended Pictaculous for easy color scheme creation from a logo image.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(57:18) Episode 135 – We’ll wrap up our discussion of Shane Hipps book, The Hidden Power of Electronic Culture, focusing on chapter 8. (Release date 06/09/10)
The featured artist:
(58:47) We close the podcast with the music of Koine (www.koinemusic.com) – Draw Us To Thee from their CD titled “Church Bells”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: