Nov 24 2010
This week on the WELSTech Podcast we interview Vicar Donald Tilbury about web conferencing with distance catechism students.
Listen now or download Episode 159 (1:06:53)
Web Conferencing - Martin and Sallie look at the What, Why (from a ministry perspective) and How of web conferencing as they detail four free tools for desktop sharing.
- TeamViewer – iPhone/iPod app
- Mikogo - What does it mean?? E-mail WELSTech your answer!
(16:15) The First WELSTech Vicar – Vicar Donald Tilbury who serves Gethsemane in Omaha, NE joined Martin and Sallie to share his catechism web conferencing success story and a cool new mapping tool as well.
- (31:28) NIV 1984, the previous, widely used New International Version Bible translation, is available for FinalWeb customers
News in Tech:
Picks of the week:
Christmas 2010 WELSTech Scavenger Hunt:
(48:23) Week 2 of our latest WELSTech contest is here, and we’ve hidden our “QR Code of the Week” somewhere on the WELSTech site. Listen each week through December 15th as we reveal clues for finding 5 QR Codes which will point you to a mystery message. Following the December 15th show you can enter the mystery message for a chance to win a $25 Cafe Press gift certificate, where your WELSTech merchandise dreams can come true! The winner will be selected from all correct entries and announced on our special Christmas week podcast airing December 22nd.
- This week’s clue to the code location is … Mikogo.
- Get the Week 1 clue.
- Remember, you can use your smartphone or an online decoder to decipher the message. Have fun!
- (51:15) Pastor Steve Bauer was looking for the WELS Inspirational Images on Flickr link which we mentioned in last week’s podcast.
- Thanks for a great response from the WELSTech Listserve, we have a brand new WELSTech Wiki page dedicated to Hearing Assistance.
- We’d also like to build a wiki page covering all aspects of network servers … hardware, software, backups and filtering. Send us your specs and comments for inclusion.
- Diigo and Twitter goodies:
- WELS pianist Dawn Gehlhar is now Dawn Michelle Williams, and you can find her and her music at www.dawnmichellewilliams.com as well as on Twitter, Facebook and My Space
Coming up on WELSTech:
(1:01:58) Episode 160 - We double our host chatter with the welcome addition of Gail Potratz and Jason Schmidt, and the topic of the day is Diigo. (Release date 12/01/10)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter - mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: