Sep 29 2010
This week WELSTech welcomes back our semi-regular classroom technology correspondent, Gail Potratz, and we talk about technology accountability for teachers.
Technology accountability - After a summer hiatus, Martin and Sallie are happy to welcome back to WELSTech Gail Potratz from Emanuel in New London, WI. Gail shares her ideas about encouraging teacher technology proficiencies and discusses the plan they will follow in her school this year.
(21:12) Information Literacy – Dr. Bernard Bull, Assistant Professor of Education at Concordia University Wisconsin in Mequon, WI, talks with Gail about teaching digital natives to be educators and shares advice for all teachers of today’s digital native students.
- Standards for the 21st-Century Learner from the American Association of School Librarians
- Big6 – Teaching information and technology skills
News in tech:
Picks of the week:
- (44:27) YouCanBook.Me – Easy scheduling via your Google Calendar
- FollowUpThen.com – Simple e-mail reminders
- KeepVid.com – Download YouTube videos
(57:37) Follow WELS online:
- (59:39) Pastor Emile Burges from Trinity in Caledonia, WI shared a suggestion for a Office Administrator Conference.
- Terry Baier from First Lutheran in La Crosse, WI is considering the possibility of collaborating with other congregations to share a software support position
- E-mail WELSTech with ideas, comments or inquiries about either comment
Coming up on WELSTech:
(1:04:15) Episode 152 - WELSTech addresses “The Evils of E-mail” as we share tips and tricks for managing your overwhelming e-mail inbox. (Release date 10/06/10)
The featured artist:
(1:05:50) We close the podcast with the instrumental music of In His Service (www.adagioconcepts.com) - Thy Strong Word from their CD titled “In His Time”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter - mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: