Mar 10 2010
122 – Social Networking Show and Tell
This week the WELSTech podcast discussion centers on the use of social networks to further the spread of the gospel.
Listen now or download Episode 122 (55:45)
Ministry Is Social – Martin’s recent Social Networking and Ministry presentation at a Minnesota pastor’s conference is the topic of the day. Use the link above to follow along “Prezi-style” as he and Sallie discuss the appeal and flavors of social networks and some interesting examples of the use of Facebook and Twitter in ministry.
(21:50) Team Effort - Jason Tesch from Eastside in Madison, WI joins Martin and Sallie to share the story behind their polished church web site.
(37:45) How to Build a Facebook Page from Mashable
- More on FBML (Facebook Markup Language)
- Check out the new FBML-enabled WELSTech tab - set to be the landing page for “non-fans”
Picks of the week:
(44:46) Join Martin in Saginaw, MI for FinalWeb for Dummies. The three day face-to-face training will be held April 6-8 on the campus of Michigan Lutheran Seminary. Check out details and register at bit.ly/fw4dummies.
- (46:39) Jason Schmidt from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE shared links to …
- Ryan Rosenthal from Faith in Fond du Lac, WI shared a link to The Periodic Table of Videos
- Coming soon to WELSTech in response to a request from Pastor David Ernest, MLC’s Prof. Jim Grunwald will join us to share info on the new Certificate of Educational Technology program that kicks off this summer.
- John Shoosmith from Redeemer in Yakima, WA continues to refine the awesome Closed Caption Video resources on the WELSTech Wiki.
- Steve Mathwig from St. John’s in Oak Creek, WI asks about minimum upload bandwidth for streaming live events. Martin suggests 384 kbps or greater.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(52:57) Episode 123 - Join us on St. Patrick’s Day as WELSTech “goes green” with ideas for eco-friendly churches and schools including tips from Office Depot representatives. (Release date 03/17/10)
The featured artist:
(53:58) We close the podcast with the music of The Branches Band (www.branchesband.com) - Nothing But The Blood from their CD “Sing, My Tongue”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter - mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: