Nov 25 2009
This week the WELSTech podcast discussion topic is RSS – consuming and producing “Really Simple Syndication”.
RSS for personal and congregational usage – Martin and Sallie debut the new “Using RSS Feeds” page on the WELSTech wiki. The page is dedicated to using RSS or Really Simple Syndication, both as a consumer and as a feed producer. Listen as they share resources, ideas and ministry applications for RSS.
News in tech:
- (31:47) Dictionary word of the year: ‘Unfriend’
- Most Influential Internet Moments of the Decade from The Webbys
Picks of the week:
- (39:07) We heard from WELSTech listeners Steve Mathwig and Pastor Jon Ruddat about their usage of WELSTech resources. Thanks for the feedback! Pastor Ruddat asked about the sample congregation intranet Google site which is located at gethsem.info.
- John Shoosmith sent us a link to a Silverlight version of the Codex Sinaiticus, the oldest version of the Old and New Testaments in interactive digital format
- Ryan Rosenthal from Faith in Fond du Lac, WI shared the SimpleTechIntegration newsletter from SimplK12.com. You may also follow simplek12 on Twitter.
- This week’s #WELSTech tweets by Jason Schmidt of Gethsemane in Omaha, NE and Sallie included links to
- Google Wave cheat sheet
- Web 2.0 backpack – Web applications for students
- A Google announcement about automatic captioning of YouTube videos
- Google Tools for Schools
- Thanksgiving free audio book giveaway from Audible.com
- Google search cheat sheet for teens
- Free GTD resources – Follow David Allen, gtdguy, on Twitter
- 12 ways to publish slide shows online
- Nancy Thompson shared a link to the ProPresenter4 public beta which is free for 10 days for ProPresenter3 users
Coming up on WELSTech:
(49:01) Episode 108 – Our tech in education specialist, Gail Potratz, joins the WELSTech fun to share practical ideas for integrating technology into your religion curriculum. (Release date 12/02/09)
The featured artist:
(50:20) Celebrating Thanksgiving, we close with the music of WELS instrumentalist In His Service (www.adagioconcepts.com) – Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow from their fourth CD titled In Our Hearts
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: